I come from a long line of ladies who cook. My Grandma C. was unbelievable, she taught my mother and having them around, I just did the basic's. With Grandma's passing and my mother not interested in cooking anymore, HERE I go ! Let's cook together.

Pages

Friday

Fried Apples

 I miss my Grandma C very much, my mother worked when I was growing up and after my sister married, Grandma C moved back in with us and took my younger brother and I under her wing.  She did everything with food, when I miss her I cook.

Grandma's Fried Apples

Cut and core 4-5 of the firmest apples you can find. 
These are red delicious.

In the pan add 2 big Tablespoons of butter or margarine, let it melt a bit add apples
 1/2 cup brown sugar
1 Tablespoon Cinnamon
1 Teaspoon ground nutmeg.

I measure nothing in this recipe, just add !


Cook at medium heat until apples are tender. Stir

Serve as they are, as a side, or add over cake or ice cream.
I use it as a side, I am HOME
Happy 4th of JULY
Beth is the Author of The Quilt Ladies Book Collection, See her books, eBooks and quilt pattern series, Little Quilt Ladies - HERE       Printed Book Sale - HERE
And See Beth's "Home Quilts" HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment