I come from a long line of ladies who cook. My Grandma C. was unbelievable, she taught my mother and having them around, I just did the basic's. With Grandma's passing and my mother not interested in cooking anymore, HERE I go ! Let's cook together.

Pages

Tuesday

Seven Layer Salad

Nothing takes me home more than
7 -  Layer Salad
At our house we call it 7-Layer BUT, it may have more or less layers.

One 9" x 13" glass dish
Layer everything into the dish in order as written
1 large head of iceberg lettuce
1 red onion chopped
1 green pepper
1 cup fresh corn off the cob or one small can whole kernel
3 stalks for Celery thinly sliced
1 cup carrots, I like them grated or slice thin
1 bunch green onions sliced
Fry 5 strips of bacon until crisp, crumble into pieces
Mix together
1 Cup Mayonnaise Lite
2 teaspoons sugar
Spread evenly over the  top of salad
1Cup Shredded Cheddar Cheese, add on top
Add crumbled bacon
Cover and refrigerate for 24 hours.

Slice and Serve


Beth is the Author of The Quilt Ladies Book Collection, See her books, eBooks and quilt pattern series, Little Quilt Ladies - HERE       Printed Book Sale - HERE
And See Beth's "Home Quilts" HERE 
The Quilt Ladies Book Collection NOW on Kindle - HERE



1 comment:

  1. I seem to remember a photo shoot of a 7 layer salad a year ago...lookin' good!

    ReplyDelete