I come from a long line of ladies who cook. My Grandma C. was unbelievable, she taught my mother and having them around, I just did the basic's. With Grandma's passing and my mother not interested in cooking anymore, HERE I go ! Let's cook together.

Pages

Friday

Beer Chicken

 I love Paula Deen's cooking and this is one of my favorites, her beer chicken. I've been doing it for so long, no recipe needed.

I have a chicken rack, but I used the can of beer of years and it works just fine.

1 Large Whole Chicken
 I'm a pick about a clean chicken. Wash it, pull off the missed feathers, cut off any fat and wash it again. Also, wash your hand and anything the chicken touches.

Lawry's Season Salt.


I take a baking dish and cover it, both side with foil.

Turn gas grill on to about 400 F

Pour off about 1/4 of the can of beer on to the chicken

Cover the outside of the chicken with the seasoned salt.


Place the chicken in the holder or can of beer and place it in the dish.

Set in the middle on the grill, close the top and let cook about an hour.

Check with meat thermometer to 165-170


Be very careful when you pull the can out, this can sometimes become a 4 hand job, the beer will be very hot.
IF  ! ! Any left overs, this chicken makes the BEST chicken salad ever !

Beth is the Author of The Quilt Ladies Book Collection, See her books, eBooks and quilt pattern series, Little Quilt Ladies - HERE       Printed Book Sale - HERE
And See Beth's "Home Quilts" HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment