I come from a long line of ladies who cook. My Grandma C. was unbelievable, she taught my mother and having them around, I just did the basic's. With Grandma's passing and my mother not interested in cooking anymore, HERE I go ! Let's cook together.

Pages

Monday

Fried Fish on Grill

Husband is recently home from his yearly fishing trip to Canada.

He had his limit of Walleye. It's a good solid, firm white fish. with a great flavor.



He's very good at boning and cleaning them, he has to be I'm not doing it.


Cleaned and soak in water and a bit of table salt. Freeze in Zip-Lock bags.

When he gets home he's tired of fish, but in about 3 weeks, it's fish time !

Any good white fish, I'm using Walleye about 10 - 4" pieces

2 Eggs beaten with a bit of water added

Sleeve of saltine crackers, crushed, add 1/2 cup of flour, white or wheat.

Heat 1-2 inchs of olive oil until hot, as fish fries you may need to add more oil.

Dip the fish in the egg mixture and then the crackers.



I like doing this outside on the grill burner, but will works just a well on the stove. Fry each side until golden brown
 

Salt and pepper when turned.


 


Beth is the Author of The Quilt Ladies Book Collection, See her books, eBooks and quilt pattern series, Little Quilt Ladies - HERE       Printed Book Sale - HERE     
 Home Quilts - HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment