I come from a long line of ladies who cook. My Grandma C. was unbelievable, she taught my mother and having them around, I just did the basic's. With Grandma's passing and my mother not interested in cooking anymore, HERE I go ! Let's cook together.

Pages

Thursday

Onion Tart

"Spread a Little Joy"  by Kraft
and I did with "Rustic Caramelized Onion Tart" page 31

  • 1 Large Onion, thinly sliced
  • 8 Slices bacon, chopped ( I used 4 slices)
  • 1 ready-to-use refrigerated pie crust, use one crust
  • 1 pkg, (8oz) Philadelphia Cream Cheese, softened ( I used about 5-6 oz's)
  • 1/4 cup sour cream (used greek yogurt)
  • 1/2 cup shredded swiss cheese (I didn't add) 
  1. .COOK onions and bacon in skillet for 10-12 minutes, until onions are tender, stir as they cook
  2.  HEAT oven 400 F. unroll pie crust on baking sheep, mix cream cheese and sour cream. Spread on crust. Top with onion mixture. Leave a 2" border. Add cheese to top, (optional)
  3.  Fold over edge, leaving the center open, fold crust as needed
  4.  BAKE for 12-15 minutes - Cool a bit. 
  5. You can also see, I'm the same with recipes as I am with quilts, I just can't leave them the way they come!


From the oven



The tart was just wonderful, I served with homemade Chicken Noodle Soup.

This is book is one to pick up, very nice !
Published by Kraft Foods, ISBN #978-0615-37248-8


Beth is the Author of The Quilt Ladies Book Collection, See her books, eBooks and quilt pattern series, Little Quilt Ladies - HERE       Printed Book Sale - HERE


See my "Home Quilts" HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment