I come from a long line of ladies who cook. My Grandma C. was unbelievable, she taught my mother and having them around, I just did the basic's. With Grandma's passing and my mother not interested in cooking anymore, HERE I go ! Let's cook together.

Pages

Tuesday

Strawberry Freezer Jam

 Have you seen the Strawberries at the store?

We don't have places to get them off the plants, but this year at the grocery store they have been fantastic, so fantastic that I did the whole thing  !



Isn't this a Perfect berry !

I made Freezer Jam,

I used the Sure-Jell Fruit Pectin  and the recipe inside.

It took a bit of time, but was not hard at all.

Each fruit of different, so read all instructions.

Strawberry's 4 Pints, stems removed and berries crushed.
you need 4 cups of crushed strawberries and 3  cups sugar.

Wash and rinse plastic containers
Prepare fruit, crush I used an old hand potato masher

Measure fruit and sugar out be exact

Pour sugar into a large saucepan, Stir in one box of Sure-Jell, mix thoroughly.

Stir in 1 cup of water, bring to boil at medium heat, stir constantly, boil and stir 1 minute. Remove from heat.

Stir in Fruit, Stir for 1 minute, mix thoroughly,


Pour into containers, leave 1/2" at the top of each.

Let stand at room temperature for 24 hours to set,  Refrigerate for 3 weeks, and freeze up to 1 year.

Here the Sure-Jell site,  My jam is VERY good, but I'll try one of the less sugar recipes next time ! something about seeing all the sugar go in....

Beth is the Author of The Quilt Ladies Book Collection, See her books, eBooks and quilt pattern series, Little Quilt Ladies - HERE       Printed Book Sale - HERE      Home Quilts - HERE


No comments:

Post a Comment